Many foreigners complain about how difficult or complicated it is to obtain a work visa in Iran. They often forget how difficult it is for non-EU citizens to do the same in Europe. The rules in Iran are actually quite straightforward.

Faraz Andishan is although there to help you with any special cases which may arise.

Our Legal Team offer a variety of legal services for foreign companies and business owners including corporate services, registrations, full visa and work permit services, executive and staff transfers, trusts, agreements, and labor law advice.

What is a Iranian Work Permit?

An Iranian work permit is the permission to take a job within Iran if you are from a foreign country. According to Iranian Laws and Regulations Concerning Employment of Foreign Nationals, Foreign citizens shall not be engaged in any sort of work in Iran unless first they have an entry visa entitling them to specified work and second have obtained a work permit in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. Read More

The work permit of foreign citizens whose work visas have been approved by the Technical Board for Employment of Foreign Citizens, will be issued by the “Department for Employment of Expatriates” of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs. 

How can I apply for Iranian Visa and Work Permit?

In order to get a work permit, you must first be granted an entrance visa which could be applied a maximum of 58 days before you travel, and a minimum of four working days before you travel. You can simple contact with Faraz Andishan’s Service Desk for foreigners and expats to grant your Visa and Work Permit in Iran.

Validity duration of Iranian Work Permit

The work permits of foreign nationals is issued, extended or renewed for a period of one year.

How can I renew my Iranian Work Permit?

Foreign nationals with valid work permits whose contracts with employer become null and void for any reason, will be subject to renewal of work permit after changing the employer. The renewal of work permit – upon the change in employer or the type of work – will be carried out by the responsible divisions of the Ministry of Cooperatives, Labor and Social Welfare after the approval of the Technical Board for Employment of Foreign Nationals.